Buying the right beans is just the first step to a great cup of coffee. For the very best flavor, we recommend following a few simple guidelines for storing and brewing your coffee.
Our coffee is packed immediately after roasting and grinding so that you get the freshest coffee possible. Our special one-way valve bag releases the natural gases produced by roasting. Unopened, this coffee will stay fresh for one year. Once opened, coffee should be consumed within a week for optimal taste and freshness. Remember that the natural enemies of coffee are air, moisture and heat. So always store your coffee in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Do not store coffee in the refrigerator due to odors and moisture.
Here are some points to remember to ensure that you’ll always enjoy a delicious cup of coffee:
- Brew our coffee using the drip method.
- Use only cold, fresh water, either drawn from the tap or filtered.
- Measure one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee per 6 ounces of water, although the exact amount of coffee will vary to suit personal taste.
- Whenever possible use a thermal container to store your brewed coffee.
- Never reheat your coffee.
- Do not boil the coffee: this will destroy the flavor, resulting in a bitter taste. The flavors in brewed coffee are delicate and can be easily damaged by overexposure to heat and oxygen.
- Do not store coffee in the refrigerator due to odors and moisture.
Click here to try some unique and delicious coffee recipes!