Coffee Pecan Brownies
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 tablespoons (2 sticks minus 1 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons ground New England® Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons freshly brewed New England® Coffee
- 30 thin strips crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x 9 x 2 metal pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee, and salt in a large metal bowl.
- Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter melts and ingredients are blended (texture will be grainy).
- Remove bowl from over water; cool mixture to lukewarm if necessary.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla. Sift flour over and fold in. Mix in pecans.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake brownies until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool brownies in pan.
- Place chocolate chips in small bowl.
- Bring brewed coffee to simmer in small saucepan; pour over chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Let ganache stand until cool and beginning to thicken, about 1 hour; spread evenly over brownies. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.)
- Cut brownies into 15 squares.
- Top each with 2 ginger strips.